Butterfly Knives and BaliSong
Butterfly knives are pocket knives where the two handles counter-rotate around the tang so that when closed the blade is concealed within the grooves in the handles. In the hands of a trained user, the knife blade can be brought forth quickly using one hand. Manipulations (flipping) are performed for art or amusement and require great skill.
Butterfly facts for you:
- Other names? Many of us are used to calling a butterfly knife a balisong. Did you know they're also called a batangas knife.
- They date back to the early 1700s. The book "Le Perret" shows an obvious sketch of a butterfly knife or balisong knife, and is dated 1710 A.D. The book itself suggests the balisong was developed in the late 1600's or early 1700's A.D. The balisong is a traditional weapon of the Flilipino fighting art of Eskrima, dating back to around 800 A.D., but it was not prominently featured in the arts until much more recently. The modern knife was invented around 1900 A.D. in the Philippines and spread by American soldiers returning from World War II.
Extremely-Sharp carries a great selection. It's next to impossible to import butterfly knives now. We found some top brands for you. Also, find some new ones made exclusively for those in the Extremely-Sharp community.
- QUICK VIEW Silver or Black Drilled Holed BaliSong Out of stock SALE
- QUICK VIEW Jaguar Biohazard Bali Song Butterfly Knife Out of stock SALE
Hapikido Runner Hard Frame finger ring Butterfly Knife Bali Song
$ 34.95$ 21.95 SALE NEW
Wandaq Black Tanto Butterfly Balisong
$ 32.95$ 19.95 SALE
- QUICK VIEW Red Drilled Holed Bali-Song Butterfly Out of stock SALE