Aurora Fire Starter 440C With Magnesium By Solo Scientific
Orders over $50. Details
Our Aurora Fire Starter™ will start a lifetime of campfires for most users. Equipped with a built-in guided striking blade and ferrocerium flint steel rod with magnesium within its composition - yielding sparks as hot as 5000 degrees F. Your color choice of either silver or black anodized. This standard 440C model comes with our great 440C Fully Hardened Stainless Steel Striking Blade installed that can be flipped over or sharpened if dulled.
Our Aurora Fire Starter™ is rugged, and is designed for survival. Our Aurora Fire Starter™ uses a large 1/4" diameter (.635cm) composite flint steel rod that has magnesium built into it. The built-in Striking Blade could be a lifesaver! You can wear our lightweight Aurora Fire Starter™ on your key ring or around your neck on a lanyard and if you are ever separated from your pack or knife you will still have everything you need to start a fire. The built-in Striking Blade takes off enough material to start a fire but will not cause excessive wear, can be flipped over to reveal a fresh striking surface (Note: our NEW 440C striking blades will yield thousands of strikes before needing to be flipped), or be sharpened if dulled. Also see our optional Super Alloy Blade below. Our built-in Striking Blade is part of the unit and will not get caught on equipment, break off, or rattle while in combat, or hunting - like other fire starters that have a blade hanging from a string. Our Aurora Fire Starter™ is designed to function wet or dry, is machined from solid light- weight aircraft aluminum (NO PLASTIC!), is knurled for grip, and will not break when you need it most. Our Aurora Fire Starter has an overall length of 3.6" (9.14cm) a diameter of .625" (1.59cm), weighs 1/10lb.(1.6 oz or 45g), has an o-ring seal to prevent the housing from unscrewing and provide protection from corrosion in salt water environments. Our Aurora Fire Starter is designed to last a life time and provide you with fire when the emergency situation occurs. Our Aurora Fire Starter™ comes complete with detailed instructions and several pieces of fire starting material.
Created and manufactured by Solo Scientific in the USA to be used to start your campfires Our goal was to design and manufacture the best all-around survival fire starter in the world and we have absolutely done it! These New Models are AEROSPACE QUALITY! Our Aurora Fire Starter™ (Patent Pending) is a true survival tool and will work in any environment that will support life! Our Aurora Fire Starter has even climbed Mount Everest! Always be prepared! Made in USA!
To start a fire using our Aurora Fire Starter™:
- Place your fire starting material on the ground (plain cotton balls, dryer lint, toilet paper, birch bark, milk weed fluff, cotton wood fluff, burdock, or fine dry grass work great but any fine dry tinder usually found in the wild can be used).
- Open your Aurora Fire Starter™. 3. Scrape the composite flint steel rod(ferrocerium w/magnesium within its composition)with the built-in guided 440C Striking Blade (note: for first use it may be necessary to scrape off protective coating on rod first with striking blade) while aiming the hot burning sparks at your tinder and you have FIRE!
Using firestarter is easy with a little practice. Learn how to use your firestarter at Extremely-Sharp Life
Why buy from Extremely-Sharp:
Awesome Selection of Knives & Swords in Stock: We carry an incredible secltion of knives and swords from the best brands. Plus, we always have something new. li>
- Personalized Customer Service: We know what we sell because everyone on our team uses our products. Call or email us and get a real person, if not the owner.
- 100% protected and secured: We care about security as much as you do. Everything on our site is secure and we ship fast.
Family Owned: We' re owned and run by family and our goal is simple - we want you to feel like family too. Started by two brothers in 1997, our family has grown and has our site. The biggest growth is still from friends telling friends. 18+ years selling knives online with 25,000+ customers and mentions on HGTV, Wired and others...we're on the right track. li>
- Small Business Values: You' ll still find our founder One Arm Don answering phone calls and replying to emails. Plus, did you know? For every $100 spent at a local or family business, $68 returns to the community. Buying from us keeps the community growing, and not some big corporation.
- We love knives and swords: While we do have a few highly skilled weaponry experts (extensive training in Goju Ryu Karate, Kenpo, Tae Kwon Do and various military disciplines), most of our team simply uses our products in their normal activities: camping, hiking, fishing, carrying for self defense, displaying in their home or office, etc. We' ve been blessed to be featured by HGTV and some incredible blogs. Let us know if you have a blog, site or might make an awesome prostaff team member.