Black Octagon Rope Nunchaku
Orders over $50. Details
- There are a lot of people out there that believe the Nunchaku was first introduced by Bruce Lee in “Enter the Dragon” This could not be farther from the truth. While Bruce made the Nunchaku popular, especially here in the west, the Nunchaku originated sometime in the 17th century. The first mention of the Nunchaku can be found in ancient Chinese history, where two pieces of wood tied together by horse hair by mountain soldiers.
- This strange twirling weapon is said to have originated in the Song Dynasty derived from farming implements primarily used for threshing rice and soy. Later the Nunchaku made its way to Okinawa where many believe was the original source. Since the nunchaku was used for farming it could not be confiscated by the authorities after King Sho Hashi declared a prohibition to carry weapons
- Another belief about the nunchaku’s history is that the nunchaku was developed from the Okinawan horse bit or muge. The handles of the bit were curved and later they were changed to the straight handled Nunchaku that we know today.
- Another tail of the nunchaku’s history is that it was once a night-watchman’s rattle. And some say that the nunchaku was a Chinese weapon brought to Okinawa by Chinese immigrants. This last version makes sense since The term nunchaku derives from the southern Chinese term no-chiat kun.
- The nunchaku wasn’t a very popular weapon. There is some evidence for this since there are no traditional nunchaku katas. This weapon is nevertheless effective in self-defense, if the time is taken to become proficient with it. Let the practitioner Beware because this weapon has the tendency to cause many bruises. But due to Bruce Lee and the popular martial arts movie culture the Nunchaku is one of the most popular martial arts weapon ever devised.
Why buy from Extremely-Sharp:
Awesome Selection of Knives & Swords in Stock: We carry an incredible secltion of knives and swords from the best brands. Plus, we always have something new. li>
- Personalized Customer Service: We know what we sell because everyone on our team uses our products. Call or email us and get a real person, if not the owner.
- 100% protected and secured: We care about security as much as you do. Everything on our site is secure and we ship fast.
Family Owned: We' re owned and run by family and our goal is simple - we want you to feel like family too. Started by two brothers in 1997, our family has grown and has our site. The biggest growth is still from friends telling friends. 18+ years selling knives online with 25,000+ customers and mentions on HGTV, Wired and others...we're on the right track. li>
- Small Business Values: You' ll still find our founder One Arm Don answering phone calls and replying to emails. Plus, did you know? For every $100 spent at a local or family business, $68 returns to the community. Buying from us keeps the community growing, and not some big corporation.
- We love knives and swords: While we do have a few highly skilled weaponry experts (extensive training in Goju Ryu Karate, Kenpo, Tae Kwon Do and various military disciplines), most of our team simply uses our products in their normal activities: camping, hiking, fishing, carrying for self defense, displaying in their home or office, etc. We' ve been blessed to be featured by HGTV and some incredible blogs. Let us know if you have a blog, site or might make an awesome prostaff team member.