Metal Sure Shot Broad-Head Crossbow Tips
Orders over $50. Details
Metal Broad-Head Crossbow Tips 3 pcs
When you have your prey insight you want them to fall where you shoot them. These broadhead tips will do the job for those long hunting trips. These three broadheads are ready for the toughest treatment. Each bolt is 3" long and sharp. This set of screw tip broadheads, will fit all cross bow bolts and arrows with a screw tip fixture. Used to hunt down dears with hunting crossbow arrows. These Broadheads spin right, group well and hit hard like broadheads costing twice as much!
Literary and physical evidence suggest that the crossbow originated in China during the 4th century BC, though a type of crossbow called the gastraphetes may have been independently invented in Greece at about the same period. It wasn't until the 10th or 11th centuries AD that the crossbow became a significant military weapon in Europe. It passed from general military service in the 16th century, but its use for hunting and target shooting has continued to the present day. The most of following chronology is abridged from GUIDE TO THE CROSSBOW by Paterson:
- 341 BC: Earliest reliable record of crossbow use at battle of Ma-Ling in China.
- 228 BC: Earliest crossbow artifact, a bronze lock mechanism from the tomb of Yu Wang.
- 0-100 AD: Heron of Alexandria describes gastraphetes.
- 300-700: Roman carvings of crossbows.
- 385: Vegetius mentions crossbows in DE RE MILITARIA.
- 1066: Crossbows introduced to England by Normans.
- 1096: Anna Comnena describes Norman crossbows.
- 1100-1200: Composite crossbow lath appears.
- 1139: 2nd Lateran Council interdict forbids use of crossbow among Christians.
- 1192: Crusader victory at Jaffa aided by crossbows.
- 1314: Earliest reliable record of steel lath.
- 1346: Genoese crossbowmen defeated at Crecy by English longbowmen.
- 1373: Earliest illustration of cranequin.
- 1503: First of many English laws restricting possession and use of crossbows.
- 1550-1600: Firearms replace crossbows in most Weatern armies.
- 1860: Photographic evidence from Chinese shows repeating crossbows still used there as military weapons.
- 1939-45: "Arrowspeed" crossbow used by Austrailian commandos in Pacific theatre.
- 1945-1975: Crossbows employed by Montagnard peoples and US special forces during Vietnam conflict.
- 1960?-present: Crossbows used to shoot anesthetic darts for capturing and treating wildlife; also used to obtain tissue samples from marine animals for obtaining genetic information.
Free Shipping on Orders Over $50.00
Why buy from Extremely-Sharp:
Awesome Selection of Knives & Swords in Stock: We carry an incredible secltion of knives and swords from the best brands. Plus, we always have something new. li>
- Personalized Customer Service: We know what we sell because everyone on our team uses our products. Call or email us and get a real person, if not the owner.
- 100% protected and secured: We care about security as much as you do. Everything on our site is secure and we ship fast.
Family Owned: We' re owned and run by family and our goal is simple - we want you to feel like family too. Started by two brothers in 1997, our family has grown and has our site. The biggest growth is still from friends telling friends. 18+ years selling knives online with 25,000+ customers and mentions on HGTV, Wired and others...we're on the right track. li>
- Small Business Values: You' ll still find our founder One Arm Don answering phone calls and replying to emails. Plus, did you know? For every $100 spent at a local or family business, $68 returns to the community. Buying from us keeps the community growing, and not some big corporation.
- We love knives and swords: While we do have a few highly skilled weaponry experts (extensive training in Goju Ryu Karate, Kenpo, Tae Kwon Do and various military disciplines), most of our team simply uses our products in their normal activities: camping, hiking, fishing, carrying for self defense, displaying in their home or office, etc. We' ve been blessed to be featured by HGTV and some incredible blogs. Let us know if you have a blog, site or might make an awesome prostaff team member.